Save 15% by purchasing both the Hands-on 4 day and Online courses TCM Overview and Meridian Theory at the same time. The cost would be £1,275 if purchasing these courses separately, but instead will cost you a total of £1,083.75 with the option to pay for the deposit for the hands-on and the balance just before the course itself!
Please email us and let us know if you wish to study Equine or Small Animal and which Hands-on course you would like a place on and we will confirm your placement upon return.
This 4-day hands-on class provides hands-on demonstrations, practice and exercises for the acupressure session protocol, Association, Alarm, Source, Master points. Major meridian exercises, specific conditions and Assessment exercises.
Specific theory and hands on practice study includes:
- Yin/ Yang and 5-Element Theories
- 4 - Examinations - Demonstration and practice
- Acupressure protocol - Opening, Point work and Closing techniques
- Association points - location, assessment and energetics
- Source points - location, assessment and energetics
- Acupressure session, assessment, point selection & practice
- 5-Element Theory and use of Correspondence Chart
- Meridian system overview, demonstration, and exercises
- Location, flow, function, and attributes of each of the 12 major meridians and 2 extraordinary vessels
- Common physical and emotional issues associated with each of the elements and meridians
- Acupoints that can benefit these issues; their location, energetics and reinforcement of acupressure protocol and techniques
- Further use of Association points and addition of Alarm points
The Overview covers the basic underlying concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): Yin/Yang Theory in relation to the animal body and assessment of conditions; Meridian Theory and the meridian system; The Five-Element Theory; the internal organ systems, zang-fu organs in relation to the body; and, how the vital substances function within the body. This e-learning workshop provides an understanding of how the Chinese perceived of the living body and offers tools for conducting an assessment and session work on your animal.
The Meridian Theory e-Learning product offers an in-depth understanding of how the meridians function within your animal’s body. The more you learn about the meridian system and their location, the better your working knowledge of acupressure -- your assessment skills and point selection for acupressure sessions will be more effective. The course covers the 12 major meridians and 2 extraordinary vessels.
Product Purchase: An email with your User ID, Password and Product link will be sent to you within 24 - 48 hours of your product purchase.
Certificate: Certificate of Study for this non-certified e-Learning product is available upon completion.