Course: Introduction to Equine Acupressure
Location: Fosdyke, Boston, Lincolnshire, UK
Date: Sat 2 - Sun 3 May 2020
Time: Approximately 9:00 am to 5:00 pm each day.
Instructor: Michelle Carrington, Instructor UK
Course Level: Level 1 - Introductory
Prerequisites: Recommend completion of Online Course, Overview to Traditional Chinese Medicine or at least working your way through that online course.
The Introductory course offers you the ability to perform a complete acupressure session protocol and gives you an understanding of the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) concepts and theories underlying acupressure.
Specific theory and hands on practice study includes:
- Yin/ Yang and 5-Element Theories
- 4 - Examinations - Demonstration and practice
- Acupressure protocol - Opening, Point work and Closing techniques
- Association points - location, assessment and energetics
- Source points - location, assessment and energetics
- Acupressure session, assessment, point selection & practice
- Case studies
- e-Class manual covering all of the above and more
Since Acupressure is based on TCM, we will explore this ancient science and guide you in learning how to help your animals feel their best.
A Participant Letter providing directions to the clinic facility, suggested area hotels and clinic logistics will be emailed approximately 2 months prior to class.